Dear Fifth Grade Families,
Your child will be bringing home an envelope that contains your child’s District 2 Middle School application. Please review all of the information to make sure it is correct. Middle schools will contact you based on the information listed on the application, so please be sure that your address and phone number are accurate. If you have any changes or corrections, please contact me immediately.
The deadline for these applications is Friday, December 1st, but you may submit yours at any time before the deadline. If the application is lost prior to the deadline or there are any corrections that need to be made, please contact me and I can print you a new copy of the application. Please keep in mind the following as you complete your application:
- The official class is a number that is used for coding the classes in the computer system, so you will see 501 or 502 rather than the room number.
- Complete only Sections 5 and 6 (on the back.) l
- If you have concerns about your child’s attendance, please contact Hugues in the main office. He can access the attendance records. Note: an absence or lateness can be coded in the system as explained (i.e. doctor’s appointment) but is still considered an absence or lateness, and will appear on your child’s record.
- If you feel your child qualifies for “extenuating circumstances” regarding his/her attendance or lateness, please contact me immediately with your explanation and request.
- If your child receives testing accommodations, he/she will be given those accommodations for any middle school entrance exams. Please contact the schools with documentation of the accommodations when you are notified about the tests.
- Sign, date, and return the application to me by December 1st.
As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions at (212) 427-2798 or email@example.com.