I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! In math we are beginning our multiplication and division unit. I am sharing the below letter again so you can review the Native American project progress at home with your child. In addition, A HUGE THANK YOU FOR THE NEW CARPET! IT IS A WONDERFUL ADDITION TO OUR CLASSROOM!
There are many learning goals embedded in this project such as:
- time management
- long term planning
- Native American history across the US
- research skills
- internet research skills
- note taking skills
- informational reading
- informational essay writing skills
- peer evaluation
- using feedback to improve
We have gone over the due dates and expectations with them. In the classroom students have access to a variety of books, note taking sheets, works cited/bibliography sheet, outline sheets, self-evaluation sheets, and some time for internet research. We will be teaching them the necessary skills over the course of November and December. We plan to celebrate their accomplishments at a publishing party on Friday, December 22nd.
You can help at home by:
- Checking in with them about their progress
- Asking them what their next step is
- Taking them to the library to find additional books, articles, or DVDs
- Helping them do internet research (a list of suggested websites is available on our google classroom)
- Assisting with any supplies they may need to complete their creative project
- Asking them what they are learning about
- Reminding them to take home their project materials when needed
We look forward to seeing their hard work and growth in this project. Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
The Fourth Grade Team