Families whose children have been accepted for school year 2017/18, should have received notification. If you are on a waitlist, you may receive a call with acceptance up until October 31st.
For school year 2018/19:
Find out about attending an Open House, answer Gifted & Talented FAQs, and more.
Open House Tours
Families who receive a qualifying Gifted & Talented letter in the Spring, from the NYCDOE, are offered the opportunity to tour our facilities, attend a short presentation with the Administration, Staff, and PTA representatives, and view our documentary, A Day in the Life of a Lower Lab Student.
- ONLY families who receive a qualifying letter from the NYCDOE will be able to tour PS 77 due to limited space during the Spring
- 50 Kindergarten seats will be available for the 2018-2019 school year
- Seats for grades 1-3 are determined once vacancies are announced in late May
- Grades 1-3 families are welcome to tour if they qualify for Talented and Gifted admissions
More info on Gifted & Talented
Get ready for Gifted & Talented (G&T) Admissions this fall! Students entering kindergarten through third grade can participate in G&T Admissions and their families can prepare by taking these three steps:
- Read the NYC Gifted & Talented Handbook: Learn about G&T Admissions, find programs that interest you, and prepare for the G&T test with practice problems.
- Go to an Elementary Admissions Event in October: Learn about Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Gifted & Talented Admissions in one night and make one plan for how to apply.
- Mark your calendar: Plan to sign up to take the G&T test starting in early October. Look for a follow up email about when and how to sign up for the test.
The G&T Admissions Team
P.S. Sign up for Kindergarten email updates to get the latest info about applying to kindergarten if your child was born in 2013.