Hello Fifth Grade Families
1.) You can now access the 2018 Middle School Directory at:
2.) Anderson School has posted information about admissions on their website:
*** Note that this year, Anderson WILL NOT have a separate application to apply.
Thank you for a great first full week!
Please be sure that your child has all the requested school supplies (pencil bags included) by Monday.
Please send in a check (made out to Lower Lab School) or cash for $20 to cover the cost of the magazines we mentioned at Curriculum Night. Thank you!
Fluency Practice Results from Claudia for Week of 9/11/17:
(So much improvement since Monday, thank you for your support!)
- Most Improved (number of correct): Adam & Mira B
- Most Improved (time completed): Ian & Arden
- Fastest Time: Christopher & Triton
Greetings from Laura!
Today we reviewed how to log into Google Classroom specifically for literacy posts and assignments. If your child is having trouble, fear not – everybody in fifth grade has Technology tomorrow and I’m sure Mr. G will be able to troubleshoot any password-related issues. If your child is having trouble with the entry code, feel free to shoot me an email with their homeroom number and I’ll send you back the correct code.
If your child already logged in and didn’t see the assignment, he or she beat me to the
punch post! The assignments are posted now for both classes.
I’m copying the assignment below for the benefit of any fifth graders who have trouble logging in this evening. We’ll fix up all the bugs in the next few days!
Writing Homework for Thursday, 9/14:
Throughout the writing process, the best of writers look back over their writing and ask, “Have I used everything I know about spelling, punctuation, and grammar to make my writing clear?”
Tonight, take some time to step back and ask this question. This doesn’t mean this is all the writing you will do—I imagine you’ll also have time to collect another entry or two—but spend a bit of time looking over your past entries and doing some editing. The following list of questions will help you get started:
Questions to Ask Yourself as You Edit
1. Does this make sense? Are any words or parts missing?
2. Are all my sentences complete? Have I checked for run-ons and fragments?
3. Have I used correct capitalization (for names and the beginning of sentences)?
4. Have I used commas and quotation marks for dialogue?
5. Have I checked to see that all my verbs and subjects agree? Are my verbs in the right tense (past, present, future)?
6. Do the words all seem to be spelled right? Do they look right? Have I checked any I’m uncertain of?
7. Have I checked for frequently confused words (to, too, two; there, their)?
8. Have I paragraphed and indented?
Here is the website to register for Clinton:
If you haven’t done so already, you must sign up before they sell out.
If you are interested in visiting Yorkville East, you must email Julie Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for one of the tour dates. The email should include the preferred date, parent name, parent phone, student names, and current elementary school)
Dear Fifth Grade Families,
If you are interested in visiting SALK, you must register at the following address:
Dear Fifth Grade Families,
The District 2 Fair for Middle Schools will be from 5:00-7:30pm at Stuyvesant High School. Representatives from all District 2 Schools will be present at the fair.
I hope you had a terrific summer and welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
This afternoon, your child will be bringing home a packet of important Middle School information, including a schedule of the Middle School Tour and Open House Information for the district 2 schools. You will also be able to access this information on the Lower Lab website, under “Guidance Corner”. Please make sure to read the information carefully.
- Simon BaruchMiddle School 02M104
- East Side Middle School 02M114
- Manhattan Academy of Technology / Jacob Riis 02M126
- Dr. Sun Yat Sen Middle School 02M131
- Robert F. WagnerMiddle School 02M167
- Yorkville East Middle School02M177
- The Roosevelt Island School 02M217
- The Ella Baker School 02M225
- The Salk School of Science 02M255
- The Clinton School 02M260
- Battery Park City School 02M276
- Hudson River Middle School 02M289
- M.S. 297 02M297
- NYC Lab Middle School for Collaborative Studies 02M312
- The 47 American Sign Language and English Lower School 02M347
- Spruce Street School 02M397
- Institute For Collaborative Education 02M407
- Professional Performing Arts School 02M408
- School of the Future 02M413
- Quest To Learn 02M422
- Ballet Tech, NYC Public School for Dance 02M442
- Life Sciences Secondary School 02M655
- Lower Manhattan Community Middle School 02M896
- City Knoll Middle School 02M933
Middle School Tour.Open House Information FINAL
The District Two Midde School Fair will be at Stuyvesant High School, 345 Chambers Street, on October 19 from 5:00 – 7:30 PM.
Come learn about the admissions process and meet representatives from the District Two Middle Schools.